AHS and LVHS Enrollment Policy for GROW 8th Graders
GROWCommunity is working to support a seamless K-12 system in our community anchored around Amundsen High School and Lake View High School, neighborhood high schools that offer exceptional educational opportunities for students.
Eighth grade students from any of the GROW elementary schools who apply to Amundsen or Lake View through GoCPS will be guaranteed admission, regardless of where they live.
UPDATE: Round 2 GoCPS information about high school enrollment for 8th graders at the 17 GROW elementary schools: Even if you didn’t “rank” Amundsen or Lake View or receive a “match” offer in Round 1 of GoCPS, you’re still eligible to apply to either school, with guaranteed admission, through GoCPS Round 2. GoCPS Round 2* opens on Monday, April 30, and closes on Friday, May 4.
- For Lake View High School, select the LAKE VIEW HS – STEM Grow Community program
- For Amundsen High School, select the AMUNDSEN HS – General Education Grow Community program
Is Amundsen or Lake View your neighborhood school? You are guaranteed admission to your neighborhood school by virtue of living within its attendance boundary. To apply to Amundsen or Lake View as your neighborhood school through GoCPS Round 2:
- If Amundsen High School is your neighborhood school, select the AMUNDSEN HS – General Education Grow Community program
- If Lake View High School is your neighborhood school, select the LAKE VIEW HS – STEM Grow Community program
*IMPORTANT* For complete information on the GoCPS application process, see the CPS document “Managing Your High School Offers.” Important details about applying through Round 2 start on page 38.
We are excited that all students graduating from the GROW elementary schools have the opportunity to attend Amundsen or Lake View, two great options from which to choose.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Lake View or Amundsen:
- At Lake View, contact Erin Kitson, Community and Student Affairs Director, at email@example.com, 773-534-5453
- At Amundsen, contact Irwin Lim, Scheduler/MYP Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 773-534-2320